We are aware that moving can be a stressful time, that’s why here at GPS we make letting a property through us as simple as possible.
You’ll probably contact us because of a property that you see for rent. From here we will clarify over the phone that the property is right for you and then arrange you a viewing.
If you like the property, you’ll then be in a position to reserve it so that you do not miss out on it.
Once you’ve passed referencing you’ll be asked to pay your deposit to secure the property and you’ll then have an exact move in date so that you can start to make plans.
Other options that we have available for you is that we can sometimes help you move without necessarily having to pay an up front deposit. If needed we can also enable you to move within 48 hrs but you’ll have to be organised for this!
Even if you do not see the property that meets your exact requirements then its worth registering your details because you never know, your next home may become available at any point!
Costs applying to new Tenancies
From 1 June 2019, the only payments that landlords or letting agents can charge to tenants in relation to new contracts are:
- a refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than 5 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is less than £50,000, or 6 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above
- a refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than 1 week’s rent
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
- payments capped at £50 (or reasonably incurred costs, if higher) for the variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy
- payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and Council Tax
- a default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of a lost key/security device giving access to the housing, where required under a tenancy agreement
Although legislation highlights that this is for all NEW tenancies as of 01.06.2019 and that all existing tenancies are still liable for charges until 31.05.2020, GPS Property have taken the stance that both existing and new tenancies will be charged in line with new the legislation as outlined from the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
All deposits are lodged with the Deposit Protection Service and further details can be found at https://www.depositprotection.com/